Monday, July 7, 2014

Paddlelogic Trailtreker Kayak Cart REVIEW - the BEST of the rest

My latest kayak cart and easily the best I've owned.  Made by "Paddlelogic" in upstate NY.  Worth the money (despite the relatively high cost of $150) if you have back/shoulder issues (as I do) which make moving the boat around hard.  This thing is super light weight, has no metal bearings to rust (just a stainless steal axle with plastic bushings), slides on/off easily, has foam (not air) tires so won't deflate, and can be dismantled pretty quickly for stowage in your boat.  Had this thing up in Cape Cod and often found it easiest to put in my boat, rather than return it to my car. The put-ins can be far from the parking area and having the ability to put this in the rear hatch is great.  People were intrigued as I just rolled the thing straight into the water without fear of rust, slid it off the stern, stowed it and paddled away.  Several asked me where to get one.  I found that stowing in a basic sea kayak required putting all the pieces in the rear hatch individually. To prevent the metal axle from sliding around and damaging the interior of my fiberglass kayak hatch, I drilled holes in the two small blocks of foam Paddlelogic mails with the cart to protect the ends of the axle, and threaded them through the attachment line so I wouldn't lose them.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED CART.

TrailTreker Cart - 24" axle

Foam blocks to protect the ends of the axle for stowing


Dismantled and ready for stowing in rear hatch

No comments: