Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Playing at Beavertail Point - Rhode Island, Sept. 2008

Towing Practice - Beavertail Point
I have a wealth of photos from staffing trips with Atlantic Kayak Tours - even though a bit dated, am posting a few.  This was a great trip practicing skills in conditions.  Taking turns towing, rescuing in moving water.

AKT is a great place to learn core sea kayaking skills and to enjoy the sea with a group of instructors who are fun and knowledgeable.  Bill and Janice Lozano have run it for 30+ years (at this writing) and their on-line Expert Center is a valuable resource.  I worked for them for number of years in the 2000's and learned so much - was a great time in my life.  Check them out! 

Balancing boats at Lunch Time - outer Narraganset Bay (me on the far right)
Narrow River (I assume)


1 comment:

Charlie Grebenstein said...

Narrow River for sure with the tide near high.