Tuesday, January 8, 2008

5 Star Sea Training - SKUK Symposium, May 2007 - Curious Cows


Big winds, a bit of rain, and coldish temps - what better time to visit Wales for a bit of Five Star Training and schmoozing with sea kayaking types from around the world. (Including two guys from Iceland who I thought would burn a hole in their drysuits with continuous cigarette smoking at every boat loading or lunch break opportunity - perhaps reason for a nicotine patch made especially for kayakers.) 

Am definitely inspired to return for a second go at the tide races all around. Crossing to Skerries w/ Nigel Dennis a high point. (Photo of curious cows just prior to disembarking on that paddle.) Airline "misplacing" all my luggage for four days including all gear a low point. SKUK's Phil Clegg came to the rescue with loner gear, although he's not quite as big as me so I was a bit squeezed until my own drysuit arrived.




No comments: